Our Partners

The Canadian government, media partners, corporate leaders and supporters help us to rapidly mobilize Canadians when humanitarian disasters occur. Because every minute counts, our partners ensure that people are aware of the crisis and know how to help. We welcome the involvement of new partners who want to be part of the Canadian response to international emergencies. Contact Christine Martysiewicz, Senior Partnerships Specialist, Corporate & Media to discuss how we can work together.

Government of Canada

The Humanitarian Coalition has developed a unique partnership with the Government of Canada to carry out life-saving work across the globe. Whether in response to major international emergencies, or to smaller to medium-scale disasters that require humanitarian assistance, the government's support enables the Humanitarian Coalition to act swiftly and effectively on behalf of all Canadians.

Major Emergencies

When the member agencies of the Humanitarian Coalition join together for a national fundraising appeal for a major humanitarian emergency Global Affairs Canada may also match the donations of individual Canadians up to a pre-determined amount. This “matching fund” is then distributed by the Humanitarian Coalition to its member agencies in support of their emergency relief work.

Smaller Disasters

For frequent humanitarian crises that are more localized and may not receive media attention or other funding, the Government of Canada provides support through the Canadian Humanitarian Assistance Fund (CHAF), which covers 85% of costs. The other 15% is provided by donors to the Humanitarian Coalition and the agency carrying out the response.

Media partners

Canadian media play a leading role in informing Canadians and encouraging giving in times of need. The HC provides the latest updates from the field, photos and camera footage, as well as expert spokespeople and commentators. The media help disseminate the information to Canadians across the country. Working together is fast and effective. Together, we can inform and mobilize Canadians.

Call us to learn moremedia partner logos

Corporate leaders

Our corporate partners are committed to being socially responsible. Aligned with their brand and values, they provide opportunities for their employees and customers to respond to humanitarian disasters. The HC provides the materials to organize or support an effective campaign – fundraising and communications materials, a branded online donation page, situation updates – and Canadian businesses choose how they want to participate.

Learn more about being a corporate partnercorporate leaders logos

Supporters

Supporters are organizations and influencers committed to mobilizing their networks to help save lives during humanitarian crises. They share information on the disaster and our response through their membership, on their social media platforms, their websites, their newsletters, and other channels, encouraging people to become involved by donating to the Humanitarian Coalition.

Call us to learn more about being a supporter.supporters logos