In 2018, the Humanitarian Coalition helped save thousands of people, protected children and women, and gave families the opportunity to rebuild their lives after they had lost everything. Click on the links to read the stories of people whose lives were transformed through the work of the Humanitarian Coalition thanks to the generosity of our donors, the support of the Canadian government, and the impact of leading aid agencies working together.
Together we provided:
• water treatment facilities, toilets and septic services to communities devastated by high winds and flooding from Typhoon Kai-Tak in the Philippines;
• a safe space to play and learn for children who were forced to flee their homes in Democratic Republic of Congo and move to refugee camps in Uganda;
• rainwater tanks to ensure the availability of clean water after sources were contaminated by Cyclone Gita in Tonga ;
• training and tools so that people who lost their homes due to an earthquake in Papua New Guinea could build back smarter and stronger;
• food rations and seeds so that families who lost their crops to cyclones and flooding in Fiji would have enough to eat while they prepared for next year’s harvest;
• purified water and training in safe hygiene practices following flooding in Ethiopia;
• clean water and household items such as blankets, lanterns, cooking pots and utensils to people who had lost their homes due to Cyclone Sagar in Somaliland;
• emergency food, water and shelter, in addition to reuniting families separated by the devastating earthquake and tsunami in Sulawesi, Indonesia.
Thanks to renewed support from the Government of Canada through the Canadian Humanitarian Assistance Fund, donations to the Humanitarian Coalition in 2019 will have 20 times the impact, providing food, shelter, water … and saving more lives.